OlderMusicGeek's Stupid Quotes

Just a dumping ground for quotes I like. Email me at OlderMusicGeek(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Monday, January 01, 1990

INDIVIDUALISM/SELF

If I kick out my devils, my angels might leave.
- Iggy Pop -

Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought.
- Graham Greene,novelist and journalist (1904-1991)

It costs so much to be a full human being that there are few who have the enlightenment, or the courage, to pay the price... One has to abandon altogether the search for security, and reach out to the risk of living with both arms. One has to accept pain as a condition of existence. One has to count doubt and darkness as the cost of knowing. One needs a will stubborn in conflict, but apt always to total acceptance of every consequence of living and dying.
- Morris West -

1 Comments:

  • At 07 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love your site thank you the debate team from Mart, Tx.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home